Outlook is one of the programs in computer that causes most troubles. As it is used to send and receive mails by internet connection, and it has account encryption settings, it can stop working due to many reasons. One of them is the pop3 errors which has something to do with the account settings and registry.
To resolve this behavior, verify that you are using the correct account settings for your assigned e-mail servers. You can obtain the server information from your ISP or local area network (LAN) administrator. To verify the settings for your Internet E-mail account:
1. Start Outlook.
2. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
3. On the Mail tab, click the name of your e-mail account, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, verify that your e-mail address is correct.
5. On the Servers tab, verify that the e-mail server information is correct for both the incoming mail (POP3) and outgoing mail (SMTP) servers. Verify that both servers have the correct settings for your password and account name. (You can check your email server info of Pop3 address on internet) Ask your ISP if your server requires you to log on by using a secure password authentication and if your outgoing mail server requires authentication.
6. On the Connection tab, verify that the connection that you use is correct. For example, you may connect through a LAN or through a dial-up connection. Without a valid connection, your e-mail program cannot communicate with the e-mail servers.
7. On the Advanced tab, verify that your server ports are correct. POP3 servers use port 110 and SMTP servers use port 25. Verify that these ports are correct. For more information, contact your ISP.
8. Click OK, and then click Close to save any changes.
Another way to fix this error is to use a registry cleaner to clean registry errors related to outlook. This will help you to get rid of any registry harms that blocks outlook’s connection with internet, and get your mail through successfully. You can find such software through searching in internet, but some of them may be scam. I suggest you download and install WiseFixer. It is a highly recommended system optimizer and registry cleaner. It will not only fix your computer errors, but also improve speed and performance of your system.